Local Ops | National Ops
These regional and national sources are listed as a service. They are not administered by Utah Arts & Museums, review them carefully before applying. Only museum-specific opportunities are listed here. Visit ArtOps for more funding opportunities.
- The American Association of Museums Center for the Future of Museums, EmcArts and MetLife Foundation have launched Innovation Lab for Museums, a major new initiative designed to enable selected museums to design, research and prototype innovations, testing novel approaches to field-wide challenges in a laboratory-like setting.
Deadline: June 5, 2013
- The National Historical Publications and Records Commission seeks proposals that use cost-effective methods to digitize nationally significant historical record collections and make the digital versions freely available online. Applications must demonstrate the national significance of the records to be digitized and must make use of existing holdings of historical repositories and consist of entire collections or series.
Deadline: June 11, 2013
- The National Historical Publications and Records Commission seeks proposals that will increase the capacity of archivists and archival repositories to create electronic records archives that preserve records of enduring historical value. Projects must involve institutions that have already established archives and records management programs: start ups, collaborative, and professional development categories are offered.
Deadline: June 11, 2013
- The Humanities Collections and Reference Resources (HCRR) program helps museums, libraries, archives, and historical organizations maintain important collections of books and manuscripts, photographs, sound recordings and moving images, archaeological and ethnographic artifacts, art and material culture, and digital objects. Funding strengthens efforts to extend the life of such materials and make their intellectual content widely accessible, often through the use of digital technology.
Deadline: July 18, 2013
- Cultural Anthropology Scholars Awards from the National Science Foundation are opportunities for methodological training by cultural anthropologists who are active researchers. The purpose is to help cultural anthropologists upgrade their methodological skills by learning a specific analytical technique which will improve their research abilities.
Deadline: August 16, 2013
- National Endowment for the Humanities Bridging Cultures at Community Colleges grants are intended to strengthen and enrich humanities education and scholarship at community colleges or community college systems. These projects must be planned and implemented in collaboration with another institution with appropriate resources, such as a college or university, museum, research library, or professional association. Grants may be used to enhance the humanities content of existing programs, develop new programs, or lay the foundation for more extensive endeavors in the future.
Deadline: August 27, 2013
- The National Park Service is providing formula grants to Tribal Historic Preservation Offices for identification, evaluation and cultural and historical preservation by such means as survey, education, archeology, planning, and technical assistance.
Deadline: September 30, 2014
- High Risk Research in Anthropology funding from the National Science Foundation gives small awards that provide investigators with the opportunity to assess the feasibility of an anthropological research project. The information gathered may then be used as the basis for preparing a more fully developed research program.
Deadline: December 31, 2014