^ Jared Lindsay Clark, Signature
The Visual Arts Program provides emerging and established artists, curators, and students (18+) the opportunity and necessary resources to realize visual art exhibitions that engage the community through thoughtful and innovative art. Selected artists are provided honoraria, curatorial guidance, and promotion of the exhibition.
A call for exhibition proposals will be open from April 18–May 15, 2022.
Call for Exhibition proposals
About the venue
Alice Gallery is located in the historic Glendinning Mansion in Salt Lake City. Our address is 617 South Temple.
The gallery’s approximate size is 455 sq. ft. The gallery walls are 83” high. The gallery uses a wire hanging system.
Multiple pedestals (varying sizes) available for 3D work. We have a limited variety of audio and video equipment for video, web-based, and digital works available for use. Please call with questions on the feasibility of video/digital work or installations.
Proposal & Selection
The Visual Arts Committee reviews and selects proposals for the gallery. Quality, completion, and clarity of the proposal as well as media, reach, and content submitted will all be considered. Exhibition proposals must be unique and specific to the Alice Gallery. Please specify in your submission if any works have been exhibited in other Salt Lake venues up to one year prior. The committee reserves the right to make final decisions on which works will be placed on exhibition. Proposals ranked in the top tier will automatically be considered for the next submission review period.
Artists whose proposal is selected for exhibition will receive honoraria as follows:
- $500 provided to artists with a solo exhibition
- $250 provided to each artist in a group exhibition (3 artists max)
Exhibition dates available:
July 15 – September 9, 2022
September 16 – November 11, 2022
November 18, 2022 – January 13, 2023
A gallery stroll reception will be held on the opening day of each exhibition.
You may list exhibited artwork for sale. All sales inquiries are referred to artists. The Utah Division of Arts & Museums takes no commission on sales. Work does not have to be for sale.
- Artist(s) / curators must be Utah-based and age 18 or over.
- Exhibition proposals may be for solo exhibitions or small groups of up to three artists maximum.
- All work must be original.
Call for proposals opens - April 18, 2022
Call for proposals closes - May 15, 2022
Artists notified - June 3, 2022
How to SUBMIT
The following are requirements for the online submission process at: utahartsmuseums.submittable.com
- Exhibition description or statement with a list of ALL artists proposed (250 words max)
- Resume or C.V. of lead artist or curator
- Digital images of proposed work for exhibition or recent work that is representative.
- Digital images must be jpgs labeled with the artist's name and title of work.
- Submit a max. of 10 images for solo exhibition proposals
- Submit a max. of 5-8 images per artist for group exhibition proposals
- Image pixel dimensions of at least 1500 or larger in either height or width preferred at 72 dpi.
- Image list with title, media, dimensions, & date for all sample images submitted.
- Brief bios or artist statements for participating artist(s).
Submittable Helpful Tips
- Please white-list or add the domain name submittable.com to your safe sender list through your email service. This will ensure you get notifications from us. Check spam filters as well.
- To save and continue editing, click the "save draft" button. This will allow you to log back into Submittable and continue editing your application.
- Once you click the "submit" button on the fillable form, you cannot go back and edit your application. You do, however, have the option to withdraw a submission and start over. As with any online submission form, it is advisable to review the questions and information that are required and complete them in a savable document, then cut and paste them into the form to prevent loss of data. If you are having technical difficulties or are unable to log into your account, please contact Submittable at email@example.com or (855) 467-8264, ext. 2.
- There is an individual attachment limit of 400 MB and a cumulative attachment limit of 800 MB per application on Submittable.
To request an accommodation regarding the submission of an exhibition proposal, please contact our Accessibility Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801.236.7552 at least two weeks prior to the call for proposals deadline.
Alice Gallery, Installation view