Upcoming Grant Deadlines for FY24
FY24 GOS (choose full or simplified application)
Grant Opens: Friday, February 3, 2023
Grant Closes: Friday, March 10, 2023 at 5 p.m. MST
FY24 Arts & Museums Project Grant
Grant Opens: Monday, April 3, 2023
Grant Closes: Friday, April 28, 2023 at 5 p.m. MST
*Please note: If you are applying for funding for a community mural, there will be new guidelines and review processes associated with grants for murals. These will be available in March.
Please Click on One of the Grant Categories Below:
Grants Frequently Asked Questions
Legislative Pass-Through/Direct Line-Item Funding: The following criteria apply to organizations receiving pass-through or direct line-item funding (also known as legislative appropriations).
- Organizations that receive ongoing legislative pass-through funding for operating support are not eligible for UA&M grant funding
- POPS, iSEE, and State Museum Funding are not considered pass-through funding that duplicates UA&M grant awards.
- Organizations that receive one-time legislative pass-through funding for operating expenses shall not receive UA&M funding in the same year they receive legislative pass-through.
- Grant requests from organizations that receive one-time pass-through funding for a specific project may be subject to review for eligibility by the Executive Committee of the Utah Arts Advisory Board or Utah Museums Advisory Board. Funds allocated by line-item pass-through from the legislature and UA&M competitive grants shall not be for similar activities.
- Organizations that receive a pass-through allocation from a department other than Heritage & Arts may be subject to review by the Executive Committee of the Utah Arts Board or Utah Museums Board. if the activities seem similar to a grant application in the same year as the allocation.
- Organizations that receive pass-through funding for capital projects are eligible for UA&M funding.
This policy may be evaluated by the boards in the event of increased funding from the Utah State Legislature. The boards will also be consulted in respect to funding decisions made by the legislature in the second year of this grant cycle.
Visit uamgrants.utah.gov to access your online application. All applications must be submitted through this portal.
If you already have an account, login with your credentials and start an application! If you forget your password, you can request a new one.
New to our system? It can take up to two days to get access to the portal, so please plan ahead! You can request access to the grants portal by clicking on "new user" when you reach the grants portal page.
If you have any questions, please contact: Laurel Cannon Alder, Grants Manager, at email@example.com or Racquel Cornali, Grants Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801.236.7541
You will need the following documents for any grant you apply for through UA&M:
- Charitable Solicitations Permit: For organizations only - A Charitable Solicitations Permit is required by Utah law and must be current in order to apply for our grants. A charitable organization may not knowingly solicit, request, promote, advertise, or sponsor a charitable solicitation that originates in Utah, is received in Utah, or is caused to be made through business operations in Utah unless the organization is either exempt under Section 13-22-8 or registered with the division of Consumer Protections under Section 13-22-6. You may learn more about this, or apply for a CSP on the Division of Consumer Protection's website.
- UEI Number: All organizations will need a UEI which is free to apply for at sam.gov (this is not required for Individual Artists)
- Now Playing Utah: You will need to upload a screenshot of your organization or event listing on nowplayingutah.com
- Work samples or other supporting documentation that demonstrates your organization's work
Depending on the grant you are applying for, there will be different attachments/requirements that are specific to that grant opportunity. Please review the guidelines for the grant you are apply and familiarize yourself with the necessary information and documentation.
Our agency allows fiscal sponsorship for project grants only, not General Operating Support.
Please review our one sheet for fiscal sponsorship for additional details.
All of our grants are first reviewed for eligibility and requirements by the grants staff. All eligible applications are then reviewed by a panel of community members assigned to each grant category. These panels score and comment on all applications and make funding recommendations. These recommendations are then forwarded to the full Utah Division of Arts & Museums or Office of Museum Services board who must approve all grant amounts before they can be awarded. Utah Division of Arts & Museums staff are not allowed to score, comment, or make funding recommendations for any applicant. All panel review members are required to sign a conflict of interest policy and must recuse themselves from discussion and scoring of any application they may have a conflict with.
You will receive a notification via email or mail regarding the grant panels’ decision to fund (or not fund) your application. Please refer to the guidelines specific to your grant for a timeline which will indicate when you should expect to hear from our office.
In an effort to increase transparency of taxpayer dollars, the state of Utah now requires nonprofits and other entities meeting specific criteria to create a listing on the entity registry. Nonprofits who are required to file reports with the state auditor's office must be on the registry. If your nonprofit receives more than $25,000 in any combination of federal, state, or local public money, you need to register your nonprofit on the registry. For directions and to place your organization on the registry, click here: https://entityregistry.utah.gov
Our grants staff is happy to answer any questions you may have. Feel free to email anytime or set up a time to speak by phone!
Laurel Cannon Alder, Grants Manager
801.236.7550 | email@example.com
Racquel Cornali, Grants Coordinator
801.236.7541 | firstname.lastname@example.org